Deployment Journal/Blog Week 2

This week has been a blur…I’m always amazed at how the days can go so slowly, but the weeks go so quickly! I will share a few highlights from my week-I know you all can’t wait to hear about all the exciting parts of my life (scarcasm intended).

This week was eventful due to the motivation I had to begin potty-training Isaiah. He turned three in May, so I finally decided to stop being lazy and just make him do it. I believe he sensed my determination this time, because after a few accidents Saturday and Sunday, today was accident free. However, I am the one making him go and we have yet to have a sucessful number 2. I”ve never wanted to see someone poop so much in my life. Wow, that sounded really weird and disturbing…moving on.

Let’s move from bodily functions to embarrassing moments, shall we? I will precede this story with a little military installation background.

You are required to show your ID when coming onto base and any car can be randomly selected for an inspection. I’ve lived on bases for over a year now, and this has only happened to me one time. So, I do not expect this to occur. Just in case it seems likely, my dear husband told me to use the left lane because they only pull inspected cars from the right lane. Fair enough, I”ve followed this advice and haven’t been chosen yet. So, one night I get motivated (a.k.a. bored out of my mind) and decide to take the kids to the pool. Since the base is divided by a highway, we had to show our ID to get there and on the way home. I decided to just sit on my towel in my bathing suit, since we were just heading straight home. Well, I’m sure you can all guess what happened next. If you said, RANDOM INSPECTION, pat yourself on the back! When the guard informed me of this, I was a)shocked (I was in the left lane, Earl! What’s up with that?) and b)mad. I politely pointed out to this kind gentleman that I was in my bathing suit and was he sure I was selected? He assured me that yes, I was, so I pulled over for this lesson in humility and why I should wear clothes over my bathing suit. Now, if I could have stayed in the car during this exercise, that would have been tolerable. However, the driver of the inspected vehicle is required to get out, open all the doors and then stand on the sidewalk while the guards look around. Let me tell you, standing there with my scraggly wet hair, bathing suit and towel while people drove by staring was not a great scene. The guard standing next to me then had the nerve to ask me how I was doing. REALLY?!?! Do you really want me to answer that question, sir? I managed to give him a look that kept him from asking any more pointless questions and was on my way as soon as they said go. After that fun little adventure, I’m starting to wonder how RANDOM those searches really are?

So, if any of you are wondering if my Qwest adventure is over, let me inform you that it is not! I happen to blame this on my readers, for surely if you were all praying for my blood pressure to level out, this issue would not keep occuring. After getting them to realize that it was not the modem that was the issue (I wish they would listen to the customer), they sent another technician out today. Now, some of you are probably wondering why I don’t just cancel my service and go with another business. This is a good question that I’ve asked myself too. However, I feel like the hours I’ve invested in the situation woud be lost, so I”m going to get as much free stuff from them as I can until they can get their stuff together. Also, I plan on sueing them for damages when I have my heart attack from high blood pressure.

I had some friends over this week to socialize and on Friday night, met another new neighbor when she came over at 8:50 to ask us to be quiet. WOW…is all I can say. I decided to be the bigger person and humor her this one time, but I have a feeling there may be more stories coming from this neighbor…just a hunch.

I’m sure you’re all exhausted from all my rambling, so I’ll bring this weeks installment to a close. I love you all and hope you’re doing well. Earl will be heading to Iraq tomorrow or Wednesday, so keep him in his prayers. Thanks for your love and support!

P.S. I got A LOT of farming done this week on Farmtown…thanks Jennifer and Melissa! 🙂

Underdog is on the case! was Isaiah’s saying in this pic.

LikeUnlike · · Unfollow PostFollow Post · Share · Delete

• Susie Cooke James I am “in your corner” as they say, my precious daughter. I enjoyed our phone conversation yesterday and also enjoyed taking to the kids. It is ironic that now that you could use my help so tremendously, we live so very far away from each other! Remember the music box? I have moved it to my desk and plan to play it much more often!

August 25, 2009 at 3:05am · LikeUnlike
    • Shannon Hutchinson Perry Hahahahaha! How do you get so much farm town done if your internet won’t work?

August 25, 2009 at 9:08am · LikeUnlike
    • Kathy James Morris Shannon, this is a great question that I will address immediately. My internet does work, but drops often. Sometimes every 30 seconds. So, sometims I’ll be farming or say, skyping with my husband at war, inand it will kick me off over and over again…this is very frustrating, as I’m sure you can imagine….smart aleck.

August 25, 2009 at 9:48am · LikeUnlike
    • Joy James Bradley I love that your car was randomly searched while you were in your swimsuit. That makes me smile.

August 25, 2009 at 10:13am · LikeUnlike
    • Shannon Hutchinson Perry LOL!!!!! I’m just jealous that you have a higher level than me and I started way before you!

August 25, 2009 at 10:13am · LikeUnlike
    • Doris Quigley Your blogs give me a smile for the day! Prayers are with you,the kids and Earl.

August 25, 2009 at 7:19pm · LikeUnlike
    • Beth James Demorest smile…joy…come on! it makes me roll on the floor gut laughing. I mean what are the chances that you get pulled over from the “left” lane in your swimsuit!! I guess you can look at it from the point of view that at least you have a good story to tell. love you girl!

August 25, 2009 at 8:05pm · LikeUnlike
    • that doesn’t sound like fun. I think the whole car search thing was a conspiracy or they just wanted to see you in your swimsuit. I gave on the FARM-I couldn’t figure it out.

August 25, 2009 at 8:24pm · LikeUnlike
    • Laura McFadden I think your sister meant to say she was “ROTFGL”. Some people just don’t use the cool lingo.

And I can’t help but wonder if Earl wasn’t lying to you about the “left lane” business…but I don’t know him, so I really shouldn’t question his character like that. Were your kids laughing at you standing outside in your swimsuit? That would have been great, too. 🙂

August 25, 2009 at 8:29pm · LikeUnlike
    • David James I do not want to picture you in a bathing suit anymore. Please refrain from such vivid detail.

August 25, 2009 at 8:40pm · LikeUnlike
    • Gwen Lee I was cracking up.. Love it girl.. If we all had the time to write about the crazy day to day stuff we would all deal with stuff a lot better.. Thanks for the story..

August 25, 2009 at 9:28pm · LikeUnlike
    • Beth James Demorest anymore? like was there a time when you did want to picture her in a bathing suit?

August 25, 2009 at 10:34pm · LikeUnlike
    • Kathy James Morris Okay James’, let’s just stop this conversation now before it gets out of hand…

August 25, 2009 at 10:42pm · LikeUnlike
    • Molly Horst Kleinwolterink your stories are fabulous- makes me feel like i was right there with you 🙂 love you guys!

August 26, 2009 at 2:08pm · LikeUnlike
    • Amy Monesmith Wouldn’t ya’ just know? I can just see you happily hanging out in your suit…maybe the car wasn’t the only thing the guards wanted to inspect, if you know what I mean!

August 26, 2009 at 3:14pm · LikeUnlike
    • Nancy Bair Henard Johnson That was tooooo funny! Don and I both laughed and laughed. I can just picture you standing on the curb totally mortified. By now you should know that the military is never predictable. What were the kids doing while you were being “frisked”. . just kidding.

August 26, 2009 at 5:14pm · LikeUnlike
    • Julia E. Clay-Hamm And the moral of this story is……….always put on a pair of sweats after swimming! Too funny Kathy! “Uncle Paul’s” high five for Isaiah………and Skittles too!

August 28, 2009 at 9:27pm · LikeUnlike
    • Celina White James I wanna see your “look that kept him from asking any more pointless questions”!

Wait… maybe I don’t! 🙂

August 29, 2009 at 12:44am · LikeUnlike
    • Melissa Clay Worthy Too cute! Underdog will find you some overpants. 🙂 At least no one took a picture.

August 29, 2009 at 7:08am · LikeUnlike