Deployment Journal/Blog Week 3

“Do you need to go potty?”

Oh, sorry, that has been every other sentence out of my mouth this week, so it just comes out involuntarily now.

Well, it’s been a little over a week since my last installment, and I have so much to tell you! Okay, I’m totally lying…I’m writing this a couple of days late because I was hoping something exciting would happen, but I got nothing. I could sum it all up very quickly for you…soccer practice, church, potty-training, the back to school bash and payday.

By the way, speaking of payday reminds me of something. I miss my husband terribly for many different reasons, but I came across the main reason last night. When he’s home, I go grocery shopping in the evenings so the kids can stay with him. When I go shopping with the kids my bill is so much higher because of all the junk they convince me to buy!!! I couldn’t believe all the snack foods I came home with: poptarts, sugary cereals, batman fruit snacks…it’s crazy.

The back to school bash was great for the kids! They had a rock wall, sumo wrestling suits(see Hannah in the pic below), karaoke(Hannah sang a Miley Cyrus song and ROCKED it), bounce houses and free hot dogs! I love all the activites the Army has for families!

If you would like to know a little bit more about my life here Ill tell you a few things I’ve gotten involved in. I’m going to be on the board for the PWOC Bible study I attend. I will be in charge of welcoming the ladies and keeping track of the special events in their lives. Also, I am working in the church nursery twice a month at the Baptist church we attend. The kids love it there and they have lots of great stuff to keep us involved. I’m also organizing a baby shower next week for two ladies in the study. This is a great opportunity for me to be involved with positive people who care about me!

I said good-bye to some great friends this week who’s next assignment is Fort Bragg in North Carolina. I’ll miss you Heidi; until we meet again!

I posted a video on my profile of Isaiah at soccer practice…he’s adorable to watch and catching on quickly. Earl is so bummed he’s missing his first time playing a sport-if you can call 3 year old soccer a sport.

As usual, I love you all and pray all is well in your lives!Hannah getting suited up to Sumo!!!

LikeUnlike · · Unfollow PostFollow Post · Share · Delete

• sounds like you guys are doing pretty good. I’m sure it is rough but I think you are someone that will do ok with it. I love reading your blogs.

September 2, 2009 at 9:58pm · LikeUnlike
    • Michele Gibbens Otten How great that you are connected with other Army wives and their families…what a great support! You have a wonderful ministry right where you are. Plus your ministry on this blog! Thank you for updating, so glad we know how to pray for you.

September 2, 2009 at 10:14pm · LikeUnlike
    • I love your blog!

September 2, 2009 at 10:16pm · LikeUnlike
    • Celina White James Keep em’ coming sis… I love reading your notes!!

September 2, 2009 at 10:24pm · LikeUnlike
    • Jennifer Melton Clements You are such a great writer! I enjoy reading them too 🙂

September 2, 2009 at 11:09pm · LikeUnlike
    • Read it and love it!! I like your writing style! It reminds me of our talks. I miss you and I’m so glad your doing well!! Love to the kids! Asher misses them a lot!!

September 2, 2009 at 11:18pm · LikeUnlike
    • Susie Cooke James You are doing a great job of “hanging in there.” You are busy and that is good. Love you! MOM

September 2, 2009 at 11:24pm · LikeUnlike
    • Sarah Ellsworth Sutterby Good to hear your stories again!! You are an inspiration to us all Kathy!

September 3, 2009 at 8:02am · LikeUnlike
    • I’m posting a comment so you’ll know I read this and so we don’t get yelled at again this time 😛 Seriously, I enjoy reading these. And I told my husband (Marine) about your swimsuit event and he said that you should feel pretty good about still being checked out enough for them to pull that 🙂

September 3, 2009 at 9:57am · LikeUnlike
    • Doris Quigley So glad to see you are so involved in ministering to others and also receiving the great support you will have through this. I like the scripture that says “He (She) who refreshes others will himself (herself) be refreshed.” Proverbs 11:25b I think of how exuberant you were with the kids at Awana and how inspiring you were to me! Love reading your blogs.

September 3, 2009 at 10:10am · LikeUnlike
    • Cindy Reinholt Thanks for the update. Love hearing from you.

September 3, 2009 at 3:10pm · LikeUnlike
    • Dana Boyle Sounds like you’re doing A LOT! I’m not surprised. You’re a blessing to all you touch! Keep up the good work MAMA.

September 3, 2009 at 4:05pm · LikeUnlike
    • Beth James Demorest I am so proud of you for getting involved! And look at all the opportunities you have to get creative and festive…baby showers, events, hospitatlity! Love it!

September 5, 2009 at 2:13am · LikeUnlike
    • Julia E. Clay-Hamm Way to go Kathy! Keeping yourself busy with positive things and positive people is great! Sounds like you and the kids are doing well, just as I knew you would. Hopefully Earl is still able to visit through the internet cam and keep updated on his family. Love you much!

September 7, 2009 at 2:01pm · LikeUnlike