Deployment Journal/Blog Week 5

WOW people!! It’s been 5 weeks since Earl left! I’d like you to all think of everything you’ve done the last 5 weeks and everything your spouse has done…then imagine doing it all by yourself! Okay, we’re all on the same page here mentally…so this is exactly why I called my doctor this morning and asked to get back on my Paxil!!! LOL (I’m not kidding, I really did that).

So, thus far in my journaling, I have tried to refrain from having any pity parties or sob stories, but I must say, Earl being gone for a year hit me like a brick this weekend. I’m a closet Kathy Griffin fan (I guess it’s not a secret anymore) and I love to watch her show “My Life on the D-list.” I had tons of episodes recorded and decided to catch up on them. At more than one point, I was laughing so hard I started crying! So, this made me think of Earl and how he laughs so hard he cries all the time, and the next thing I know, I’m crying for real because I miss Earl so much. Okay, this was weird. I’m all alone in the living room, it’s 10:30 p.m. and I’m looking around, embarrassed because of my emotional outburst! I may already be losing it people!

Isaiah and Brianna had their soccer games on Saturday and they went…well, they went as well as can be expected. Isaiah wandered around the field with his hands in his mouth (I think he’s getting his molars) the first half, but got it together enough to play goalie the second half and blocked every single attempt of the other teams to score! Brianna’s game was lots and lots of running (I was tired just watching them) and she was bummed out that she didn’t score. They both said they had fun though, so I guess that is the point, right? I just hope they’re having the I love practices twice a week and games every Saturday for seven weeks kind of fun they should be having!!!

Hannah is learning that money is precious and not to waste it on whatever comes her way. She has saved over 100.00 and decided to buy a small pink guitar and a lesson book for a grand total of 52. 49. After attempting to play said guitar 2 or 3 times, she realized it may not have been worth her money, especially when she now wants to save up for an electric Razor scooter. She has the receipt and told me she wants to take the guitar and book back…I hope this lesson sticks with her. I remember buying all kinds of dumb stuff and regretting it later-oh wait, I still do that to this day.

Tonight is my night to make dinner for my friends-we’re switching off every Monday night so we get a break every 2 weeks from cooking! I’m making lasagna, bread, veggies and chocolate chip cookies! I’m going to try not to binge (no promises) and undo all the good I’ve done at the gym.

I’m going to start taking Isaiah to the hourly childcare on Friday mornings so I can run errands by myself. This Friday, I’m going to the beauty salon for a hair trim, waxing and a one-hour massage. I feel I’ve earned this pampering session…hopefully my pocketbook will agree.

Until next week, my faithful readers! God bless you all!

LikeUnlike · · Unfollow PostFollow Post · Share · Delete

• Molly Horst Kleinwolterink you definately deserve it!! enjoy!

September 14, 2009 at 4:33pm · LikeUnlike
    • Thank you so much for your blog! I am keeping your family in my prayers! Enjoy the pampering! 🙂

September 14, 2009 at 4:38pm · LikeUnlike
    • Nancy Bair Henard Johnson I love reading your blog. It keeps me posted on what’s going on with the Morris family. I remember those soccer days, not all that fondly, as it’s not my favorite sport and there was always an out-of-control parent in the group. I’m sure you’re not one of those parents. LOL Love you all, Grammy

September 14, 2009 at 5:42pm · LikeUnlike
    • Susie Cooke James love the blog, Kathy and am so happy you are getting pampered! We pray regularly for you and Earl and the kids.

September 14, 2009 at 7:14pm · LikeUnlike
    • Dana Boyle Love you, girlfriend! U make me tired just reading about your life. Hang in there, you’ll make it thru!!

September 14, 2009 at 8:08pm · LikeUnlike
    • kathy i absolutely love reading about your life!! i pray for you everyday!! you keep pampering yourself girl, and keep these blogs comin they put a smile on my face! 🙂

September 14, 2009 at 10:23pm · LikeUnlike
    • Anna Cole James Thinking of you and praying for you today. Your explanation of soccer reminded me of watching Joy’s kids play. Looked more like school recess at times.

Don’t consider it pampering…consider it survival maintenance! Beverly Exercise used to say “It’s time for you to take care of yourself so that you can do all that work on your ‘to do’ list.”

September 15, 2009 at 8:13am · LikeUnlike
    • Julia E. Clay-Hamm Way to go Kathy! I think of you and the children often, and of course I miss you all so very much! God continue to bless and grow the champion in you!

September 17, 2009 at 12:26am · LikeUnlike
    • Beth James Demorest hey there. don’t feel bad about skipping a practice every now and then…2 practices a week is kindof intense!!

September 19, 2009 at 3:14pm · LikeUnlike