Deployment Journal/Blog Week 6

I would like to start this week’s deployment journal with a poem I wrote:

Jiggle, jiggle, shake and jive
Oh, that, it’s just my inner thigh

Pinch an inch, or two or four
Oh, that, it’s just my belly roll

Flipping, flapping, wibble, wobble
My arm flab is flapping like a turkey gobbler

Pain, tight and really sore
Working out is the only cure

Okay, I won’t be winning any literary contests, but that is what is going on in my mind right now. You know how most people have mirrors that make them look big? I have a full-length mirror in my room that actually makes me look skinnier and I blame it for helping me live in denial for so long…

Well, now that you all have a horribly scary image in your head of my body, we’ll move on! I have finally gotten into the school routine and we are on a nice little schedule. Workouts, soccer practice, church and Bible study…plenty to do but still plenty of time to play FarmTown and Mafia Wars, which are very much an important part of my day! I mean, when you’re in line at the grocery store and suddenly worry if your crops have gone bad on Farm Town…that’s no way to live! It’s better to just check on it a couple of times a day for peace of mind 🙂

Since the 2nd week of this journal when I started potty training Isaiah, I can proudly say we are pretty much done! I have to remind him occasionally, but he was ready and took to it very quickly. Now, I’ve decided the next big step with him is to make him eat what we’re eating, instead of making him fish sticks and yogurt all the time! I did manage to shove 8 green beans down his throat tonight, but that almost ended in violence and insanity, so I may have lost some of my resolve. A few constructive ideas may be needed here-it’s my own fault for spoiling this boy for 3 years anyway.

We have 3 new pets-somewhat unofficially-but they are regular visitors to our house. Two big raccoons and one smaller one have discovered the dog food on our patio and have been visiting nightly to search for more! The dogs absolutely lose their minds when they come and we all have had fun with the chaos…the kids are going to name them now, so of course, I’ve let it get out of hand! Oh well, it’s the little things that brighten up our days!

I mailed Earl his third package yesteray, which is darn good I think, considering he’s only been gone 6 weeks! I told him he is spoiled, but he didn’t agree. He seems to be doing well, although they don’t have days off, so he is very tired from working all day, everyday. We have started scheduling Skype “dates” so he can see the kids and they can show him funny stuff or tell him stories. The two younger ones are always going, “Daddy, watch this!” I don’t have the heart to tell them that all daddy can see is blurs on the webcam! They always make Earl laugh pretty hard and that boosts his lonely spirits for sure.

Thanks for all your love and prayers! Until next week…same FB time, same FB channel!The kids watching a movie on Netflix…they were banished to my bed so I could watch TrueBlood in the living room!

LikeUnlike · · Unfollow PostFollow Post · Share · Delete

• Susan Bowling Wessels I can’t believe it’s already been six weeks. You’re doing great!!!!

September 23, 2009 at 2:49am · LikeUnlike
    • I love these blogs!! You’re doing so good! Brian deploys November 1st! Looking for any tips!!! You’re the veteran now. 🙂

September 23, 2009 at 5:40am · LikeUnlike
    • Joy James Bradley Glad to hear you guys are doing pretty well. Way to go Isaiah with the potty training. Ethan is a picky eater and cries almost nightly because he never likes what I make for dinner. I always make him eat atleast some of what he doesn’t like and actually for the last 2 nights he’s eaten and discovered that he actually does like what we are eating. Isaiah will com around.
      Love you cousin!

September 23, 2009 at 6:33am · LikeUnlike
    • Shannon Hutchinson Perry Ah, TrueBlood! I didn’t like the season finale, but I still love it. I knew Isaiah would potty train easy. The key is to start after they are 3. Then it’s so easy. I need to get my kids to eat to. I tried that forcing the food down their throats once and they end up just puking. Not worth it 🙂 Miss you!

September 23, 2009 at 9:15am · LikeUnlike
    • Glad things are going well, Kathy! You can plow my fields any time 🙂 Sorry if that sounded like a bad pick up line to those of you unfamiliar with farm town!!!

September 23, 2009 at 9:29am · LikeUnlike
    • Kathy James Morris Melissa, I’m seriously LMBO right now!!!

September 23, 2009 at 9:46am · LikeUnlike
    • oh how I wish Sam was potty trained… he will be 3 in Dec. Just having the last one out of diapers is SO appealing! On the eating – Dr. Phil says that kids won’t go hungry. Eventually, they will eat. I’ve never tried it, but it sort of makes sense.

September 23, 2009 at 12:59pm · LikeUnlike
    • Nancy Bair Henard Johnson Cute picture of the kids watching a movie. Tell Isaiah that Grammy says “Way to go buddy!” Love reading your blog so please keep it up. Don sent Earl a letter yesterday. How long does it take for him to get his mail? I’ll call you soon.

September 23, 2009 at 5:10pm · LikeUnlike